Scan multiple photos then split, crop and straighten them automatically
Download AutoSplitter now!
Change log of AutoSplitter
Date format is month/day/year
11/26/2017 version 1.8.4
- AutoExpand is now a postprocessing step to avoid influencing autodetection.
- Changed some hints for clarity.
11/21/2017 version 1.8.3
- TWAIN interface is the default one again
- Auto expand parameter now ranges from -10 to 20% (up from -5 to 5%)
- You can now suppress new version warnings for 1 week
- Version warnings should not pop up constantly during batch detection of prescanned photos. Sorry about that.
10/23/2017 version 1.8.2
- WIA interface should now recognize A3 scanners and use the whole scanning area. Default scanning interface is now WIA.
- Fixed a major memory leak bug in batch processing
- Fixed some random access violations
- Added "List scanners only" option to scanner selection dialog. Some scanners are not flagged as such and may only show up when this option is unselected.
- Progress percentage is now displayed in taskbar title during mass file detection
- Save scanned source image works again properly
09/29/2017 version 1.8.0
- Added automatic retouching feature. Colors come to life once again! You can adjust contrast and saturation to improve quality of scanned images.
- Thumbnail icons are much better quality than ever before.
09/17/2017 version 1.7.11
- Small improvements on autodetection accuracy.
- Open multiple files folder is now remembered - no need to re-browse if you process several adjacent folders.
- Changed default value of autoexpand to -0.5%
08/29/2017 version 1.7.10
- Major bug fixed in folder-at-once batch detection mode. Output filenames will no longer overwrite each other if the input folder path contains a period. This also affected single file processing in some cases.
- Minor bugfixes for offline mode.
05/11/2017 version 1.7.9
- Fixed handling of top-down BMP files
- On some systems JPEG file saving raised errors, this should be fixed now.
05/02/2017 version 1.7.8
- improved speed of image detection and cropping by up to 50%
- improved speed of jpeg file reading by about 50%
- decreased amount of false positive image detections when most of the background is empty
- changed visual appearance of frame while adjusting split dimensions to allow more accurate work.
- DPI information in image files is now preserved during batch file detection.
- DPI information extracted from opened TIF and PNG files as well. Previously only JPEG dpi was preserved.
- added file counter and timer to batch detection progress dialog
- Hotkey F7 added for full page scanning
- added safemode command line parameter to skip initial version checking
02/10/2017 version 1.7.6
- Resizing of very small splits is now allowed. Also, enlarging a small split should always be possible.
- TIF and PNG output now preserves DPI information.
- Added "Choose output folder" item to the Save popup dialog.
- Added "snap to horizontal" option under expert menu. It's a quick way to set split fine rotation to 0 degree.
12/23/2016 version 1.7.5
- Fixed a bug that prevented leaving batch review mode if the software was not shut down properly during batch detection.
- File errors during batch detection will be properly displayed in the review list.
11/20/2016 version 1.7.4
- Added full page scan feature to help document scanning
- When opening a folder of scanned files, software no longer crashes when the folder contains no image files.
- Added "delete all splits in this image" option to the batch review window's popup menu
- Added confirmation settings - you can disable/enable confirmation in various places
- Mousewheel now zooms selected split.
- Ctrl + mousewheel now fine rotates selected split.
05/31/2016 version 1.7.3
- Split info dialogs showing up without content just after launch has been fixed.
- Fixed error while setting brightness (6154) parameter on some WIA scanners
- Default scanning interface is now TWAIN
- Fixed small UI issues on low resolution systems
- Changed wording of some menu items/tutorial texts
04/10/2016 version 1.7.2
- Move corner feature reintroduced. Hold SHIFT while grabbing the split corner to move corner.
- Quick help panels added to all 3 work areas to introduce controls.
- Bugfix: split numbering now works correctly when using preserved splits.
- Bugfix: preserve split hint window no longer misplaced.
02/01/2016 version 1.7.1
- Grabbing corners no longer rotates and resizes at the same time. Only rotation is performed.
- Improved selection of splits and split edges in the editor window.
- Rotation is no longer limited to 30 degress (15 degrees in finetune window). Now it's 45 degrees everywhere.
- Fixed small issue with Fine Tuning window positioning.
- Numpad + and - now expands/shrinks selected frame.
- Floating split info window now displays exact rotation amount.
- Active workspace area (batch review / input / splits) is now visually indicated.
- Focus moves back to input area after saving splits
- Starting Folder at once detection after abandoning an adjusted single detection no longer results in an error.
- Shrink, expand, flip and duplicate split functions now mark the image changed in Batch review mode.
01/16/2016 version 1.7.0
- New major feature: open multiple files (or a folder) and detect all photos in all the images. See description of feature here.
- Memory handling improved. Some configurations experienced memory related problems after a few scans, this version fixes some of these errors.
10/21/2015 version 1.6.3
- Fixed an error where mass renaming splits cleared the base name.
- Fixed an error (wrong split shown) when doubleclick zooming into splits after scrolling down in the output panel.
10/16/2015 version 1.6.2
- Recognized photos are now ordered (left to right, top to bottom).
- Turn on "show split numbers" option to see split numbering.
10/08/2015 version 1.6.1
- Extended support for TWAIN scanners.
- Full read/write support for PNG, TIF, GIF and JPG files.
- Thumbnails look much better now.
- Fixed a few small errors in the user interface.
04/17/2015 version 1.5.4
- Added F2 hotkey for adding new splits.
03/24/2015 version 1.5.3
- Fixed a problem that caused image corruption and errors during save when working with huge files or high DPI.
01/13/2015 version 1.5.2
- Preserve splits now remembers split positions after a restart.
- Added settings to change how base filenames are generated for scanned splits.
- Added setting to ignore edge of scans - this will improve detection for scanners which produce a thin black or noisy border around the scanned area. This is disabled by default.
11/01/2014 version 1.5.0
- Added preserve splits option. Use this option to repeatedly scan the same areas - ideal for scanning many same sized photos pushed into the corners of the scanner. Detect once, then reuse split information many times.
10/03/2014 version 1.4.44
- No longer has problems remembering 1200 DPI setting.
- Custom DPI settings are displayed correctly when reopening the scanner selection dialog.
- JPG files now store the scanning DPI.
- Opening JPG files now read and retain the scanning DPI of the file.
- Fixed a small user interface error.
09/17/2014 version 1.4.39
- A quick bugfix with choosing the target folder.
- Performance of handling large photos improved again, up to 20x faster. Also takes much less memory.
- Antialiasing performance improved by about 40%, this will make the image saving process 20-30% faster.
- Splits copied with "duplicate split" option will now have a distinct filename by default.
- Output images can now be scrolled with the mouse wheel.
- Changing a split will commit any pending filename edits and re-check the filename availability.
- Hitting Enter in the split name editor will commit and check the filename.
- Filename info text below the filename edit will be updated when changing the filename.
09/01/2014 version 1.4.37
- Allows splits to be rotated to higher angles.
07/07/2014 version 1.4.36
- Small user interface fix: message dialogs will no longer hide the calibration dialog.
07/02/2014 version 1.4.35
- The following operations will no longer repeatedly crop all other splits: add split, delete split, shrink, expand, duplicate. This will greatly speed up working with high DPI scans.
- The following operations will show a splash screen: add split, duplicate split, rotate, flip, pan, resize split.
- Shrink/Expand/Duplicate operation will no longer crop the selected split twice, resulting in a speed increase.
- High DPI default setting is now 900 DPI.
- To reduce false positive detections, photos smaller than 3% of the total scan area are no longer detected.
- Disabled image preview in the File Open dialog to speed up processing of large files.
- Fixed a rare error during photo detection.
06/12/2014 version 1.4.34
- Clarified a few things in the build in advisor.
- Added a quick online instructional video on adjusting splits. You can launch it under the Tutorials menu.
05/31/2014 version 1.4.33
- Tiny cosmetical fix of tutorial text alignment when resizing panels with the splitter.
- Registered installer name has been changed to make it more distinct from the demo version.
04/06/2014 version 1.4.32
- Scanner choice will default to WIA interface. This may fix scanner issues for some trial users.
03/25/2014 version 1.4.31
- Split info popup window can now be disabled under the Options menu.
- Added filename info under all splits (filename available / filename taken / image saved).
02/23/2014 version 1.4.29
- Removed "save single photo" option from popup menu. Start program with saveas command line parameter to make it visible again.
- Added Save ALL photos option to popup menu.
02/16/2014 version 1.4.28
- Added explanation of calibration parameters to tutorial menu and finetune detection parameters dialog.
- You can now save splits separately from the right click popup menu. Only available in expert menu mode. Splits saved separately WILL NOT be saved by SAVE ALL. Unless you modify the split and save again, that is.
- Filenames are automatically augmented with the appropriate jpg/tif extension upon leaving the filename editor.
01/05/2014 version 1.4.26
- Fixed an error with split naming.
- Added a confirmation dialog if there are multiple identical filenames in the output panel to avoid data loss.
01/05/2014 version 1.4.25
- AutoSplitter can now open BMP files. TIFF load support is on the todo list.
01/01/2014 version 1.4.24
- New year, new release!
- Added option to SAVE splits in TIFF format. Find the format selection dialog under the options menu and the black triangle under SAVE ALL.
- Finally fixed a small glitch with progress bar. It was stuck at 100% after the first save.
12/29/2013 version 1.4.23
- Fixed a WIA interface issue with "parameter 3097" on some scanners.
12/26/2013 version 1.4.22
- Added show/stop expert menu to make the popup menu easier to understand.
- Added some explanation text to the starting screen to help new users find out how to proceed.
12/24/2013 version 1.4.21
- Christmas release!
- Photo detection has been sped up by 20-50%!
11/30/2013 version 1.4.20
- Changed the scanned file naming method to produce an incremental number.
- Added social network sharing buttons. Tell your friends how to scan photos!
10/21/2013 version 1.4.19
- Now it should work with Win8.1!
- Detection is now more forgiving to irregular shapes.
- When no photos are detected, a helpful explanation appears in the Splits panel.
08/30/2013 version 1.4.18
- Added JPG quality setting option to calibration parameters.
- Fixed an error with the pictures saved by some trial versions.
08/22/2013 version 1.4.17
- Added duplicate split option to right click popup menu.
08/06/2013 version 1.4.16
- Adjusted default splitting parameters slightly.
- Added automatic expand/shrink to calibration parameters.
07/30/2013 version 1.4.15
- Scanner selection dialog is now a bit easier to use.
- Welcome page after installation.
07/29/2013 version 1.4.14
- Background detection is now always automatic on scan and load. AutoCalibrate button removed.
- Fixed a resource leak when opening images from the disk.
07/23/2013 version 1.4.13
- First steps towards internationalization (if there is such a word, that is). AutoSplitter should now be able to handle filenames in any character set, like chinese, japanese, korean, etc
- Scanning dialog will no longer get lost after interrupting scanning
07/20/2013 version 1.4.12
- Calibrate button is now AutoCalibrate and performs the good old "detect background color automatically" trick. It will also no longer ask for confirmation when the splits have not been changed yet.
- Installer no longer requires admin privileges. I strongly recommend installing with admin on WinXP, though. (Reason: WIA interface installation can be necessary for your system)
07/14/2013 version 1.4.11
- Automatic cropping heuristic improved a little bit.
- WIA scanning is only available in some DPI resolutions. Added a message to clarify it.
07/11/2013 version 1.4.9
- Automatic cropping heuristic improved once again.
- Tutorial / Load sample image 1/2 opens one of the sample images to showcase the software's capabilities.
06/29/2013 version 1.4.7
- Added hotkey to select output folder (F4).
- Several user interface errors related to output splits have been fixed.
- Selecting a split in the left panel will now scroll to the split in the output panel.
06/20/2013 version 1.4.6
- Added shrink/expand options to the split local popup menu.
06/19/2013 version 1.4.5
- Quick troubleshooting option added. Access it under the Tutorials menu.
- You can now adjust the background separation threshold in the calibration menu.
- Default calibration parameters have been changed a little bit.
- Splits above the ratio 1:4 or 4:1 will be discarded during autodetection.
- Splits above the angle threshold will be discarded during autodetection.
- You can now disable automatic split detection.
- You can now delete the last split as well.
- Add Split button turns red while adding split. Clicking it again will abort the split creation process.
- Hotkeys added for Scanning (F5), Open file (F3), Tutorials (F1), Save all (Ctrl+S), Add Split (INS), Delete Split (DEL).
- More hints added.
06/13/2013 version 1.4.1
- WIA compatible scanning implemented!
- Hints added to help first time users.
06/01/2013 version 1.3.1
- Further small fixes on the user interface.
05/27/2013 version 1.3.0
- Brand new user interface. Probably easier to use now.
- Output image names no longer disappear after calibration.
05/21/2013 version 1.2.5
- Manual adjustment controls overhauled. Now you can grab the edges and size the cropping area. Rotate/resize is no longer done by grabbing edges. Rotate grab point is near the corners (both inside and outside).
- Easier selection of the output folder.
- Doubleclick output images to zoom into them.
04/28/2013 version 1.2.1
- Refined calibration parameters once again. You can now turn on/off entropy mapping detection method. Background detection threshold can now be adjusted.
- I offer 100% money back guarantee from now on. Buy now!
- You can now finetune calibration options. Adjusting thresholds can help detect photographs more accurately.
04/15/2013 version 1.1.0
- Image detection has been greatly improved.
- Several runtime errors corrected.
- You can now save the scanned image as well.
- Explorer context menu integration removed. Hopefully I'll be able to reintroduce this feature soon.
- Small cosmetic fix on output rotation buttons.
- Scanning tips have been added to the scanner setup dialog.
- Decreased sensitivity for background noise.
04/09/2013 version 1.0.0
- The first version of AutoSplitter has been released!
Download AutoSplitter now!