Scan multiple photos then split, crop and straighten them automatically
Scan multiple photos at once with AutoSplitter photo scanning software
Windows compatible - Win10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP
This multiple photo scanning software will automatically crop your scan of several images. Place as many photos on your flatbed scanner as you can fit and scan - this software will automatically detect individual photos from the scan and will divide the image. Photos will be straightened and saved into separate image files. Scan all your family photos quickly.
Click here to see a short demonstration video >>
Auto detect and crop scanned photos to individual files
Restore vivid colors and add contrast to your old family photos
Add text captions to your scanned photos
How to scan multiple photos at onceFollow these simple instructions to quickly scan your family photo collection with this software. The default workflow of this utility will let you scan multiple photos at once and crop them automatically. Scan multiple pictures and separate them easily. Extract images from the scan like magic.
- Download and install AutoSplitter picture scanning software.
- Place several photos on your flatbed scanner. Make sure they don't overlap and leave at least half inch gap between them. 3-5 photos will fit comfortably.
- Click Scan in AutoSplitter - choose scanner and DPI (scanning resolution) on the first scan. You can change this later.
- AutoSplitter will auto detect, straighten and highlight separate photos in your scan - adjust the detected areas at this point with your mouse if you need to. Detected photos are called "splits".
- Click Save All - scanned photos will be auto cropped and saved to individual files.
- Repeat from step #2 for subsequent photos.
4 corners method to always succeed at scanning multiple photosThis method requires a bit of preparation. Group your photos by size: ideally you will want to 4 scan photos of identical size in each pass.
- Put one photo in each corner of your flatbed scanner's document window.
- Make sure the checkbox "preserve splits" is checked in AutoSplitter.
- Click the Scan button and see your photos being autodetected and cropped. If you need to, adjust the cropping areas.
- Click Save All to write the individual photographs to disc.
- Repeat from step #1 - from now on AutoSplitter will reuse the highlighted areas for cropping and extracting the freshly scanned photos.
Bulk photo scanning from pre-scanned filesMany people scan multiple photos at once and save the results to files without splitting the scan into individual images. AutoSplitter image scanning software can help you in this scenario as well. You can open any amount of pre-scanned files and the software will detect and auto crop individual photos from each scanned image and will save them to separate files. There are 3 ways to initiate file processing:
- Click Open File(s) button in AutoSplitter and choose the file(s) you want to be auto cropped.
- Click Open Folder button in AutoSplitter and choose the folder that contains your pre-scanned images.
- Drag and drop one or more scanned image files from Windows Explorer onto AutoSplitter's main screen.
- Double click an image in this panel. The image will be opened and the splits will be displayed in the right hand panel.
- Make adjustments to the detected photos if needed.
- Save all button writes all photos to disc.
- Repeat from step #1 as long as you have reviewed everything.
You can scan trading cards, baseball cards, postcards as well. The software will recognize rectangular shapes and auto crop them.
Retouch your scanned photos automatically
Old photos usually fade or yellow. Why does this happen? It's mainly down to 3 things: 1) UV radiation. Ultraviolet frequencies are a part of natural sunlight. These rays are damaging, they will cause your photos to fade out over time. Protect your old prints from light, keep them under cover all the time! 2) Acidic paper. Some photos have been printed on material that will deteriorate without any interference over time. This usually causes orangeish tint in your photo. 3) Fungal growth. You can't avoid these tiny lifeforms - they will cause brownish discoloration to your photos.
Whatever happened to your colors, AutoSplitter offers automatic photo correction features which efficiently fights against all these aging effects. Revitalize colors feature will bring your old, faded or yellowed photos back to life. Even black and white photos are going to be much more vivid after revitalization. You can also change contrast and saturation values of your scanned photos. Increased contrast will make photos more lively, while increased saturation will make colors pop out even more.
Feel free to check out these image recovery before & after samples in this section: see how AutoSplitter restored colors of deteriorated photos.
Add text captions to your scanned photos
Responding to popular request you can now add text captions under your scanned photos. Caption font, color and background color can be changed to suit your taste.
Scan multiple photos at once, then caption them just before saving to disc. Text captions are a useful tool to preserve and relive even more memories. You can add dates, locations and names of friends and relatives who have been captured in the photo.
See example captioned photo to the left.
Other useful features
There are several useful features to help you scanning all your old family photos.
- Manual adjustments allowed to finetune automatic photo detection.
- Popup zoom at your mouse pointer to let you finetune photo splitting more accurately.
- One click to rotate scanned photos by 90, 180 or 270 degrees to restore original photo alignment.
- One click to flip photos vertically or horizontally.
- Zoom In to let you observe the scanned image in 100% size - every pixel counts.
- Full page scan feature to let you scan letters, documents or very large photos easily.
Scan trading cards, scan baseball cards or documents
AutoSplitter will scan and auto-detect any rectangular object of roughly photograph size. Therefore this software is ideal for scanning trading cards, postcards, baseball cards and other printed collectibles as well. Full page scan functionality available for capturing letters and documents.
AutoSplitter multiple photo scanning software is Windows compatible. The software should work with all flatbed scanners through WIA and/or TWAIN interface. Please update your scanner's driver software package if you experience compatibility issues. Open files of TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PNG or BMP. Save all of these except BMP. DPI information will be preserved when loading/scanning images in all cases when the output format supports EXIF metadata. This comes handy in case you would ever want to reproduce your scans in print.